We’ve been doing this SEO thing for clients for more than 2.5 years now. It’s about time we started to share some results. This first case study is a doozy…
There is no way around it: SEO campaigns take time to produce results. Occasionally, there is client’s site that pops early with extraordinary SEO results. The latter is what this case study is about.
When you boil it down, success for this client can be attributed to 2 characteristics:
- A healthy website that was primed for SEO success
- A good content strategy with consistent execution
We won’t share the website or the exact nature of the client so as to not cause unnecessary competition for them. Here is what we can share:
- The client is an established business in their space with an established website.
- There were less than 25 pages of content on the site before we kicked off this SEO campaign.
- All aspects of content creation and publishing were outsourced to Optics In.
- We kicked off the SOW in May 2021 but due to technical issues didn’t publish the first page until October 2021. At that point, we published roughly 65K words.
What We Did
We worked with the client to develop a comprehensive SEO strategy that focused mainly on creating volumes of good informational content.
The original statement of work for this client was to create and publish 262K words over a 12-month period, publishing an average of 22K words a month.
The number of words per page varied depending on the number of words it took to address the user’s query and intent.
SEO Traffic & Its Impact On The Business
The SEO traffic from this campaign:
- Contributes to the core business, and
- It has opened new monetization opportunities that will diversify revenue streams.
What Made This Campaign A Success
Each project comes with its own unique sets of challenges & needs.
Here are a few things that helped make this project a success.
- Expectations: We worked with the client to establish expectations as it pertains to both the production of content and the estimated performance of that content.
- Long-term engagement: While we work with clients on 3, 6, and 12-month retainers we typically get the best results for clients when we have a longer-term engagement. The results from this case study are from a 12-month SOW.
- Dedicated resources: When we engage with a client, we do everything we can to ensure that the resources we assign to the project on day 1 are the same resources that will see through to the completion of the project.
- Communication: Using the Goldilocks principle we worked with the client to zero in on the right amount and type of communication necessary to move this campaign forward.
- Complementary: This SEO campaign is complementary to the client’s core competencies and is not a distraction from their day-to-day operations.
- Execution: The consistent creation and publishing of content has been the main driver of success for this campaign.
Need Better SEO?
We work with clients to make their sites more findable with SEO. Feel free to reach out for a 30-minute discovery call: 760-652-9057